BGE.com is currently unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
If you smell natural gas, or see downed power lines, leave the area immediately and then call BGE.
If a power line is down:
- Do not touch or go near the downed power line.
- Keep others away.
If you smell a gas leak:
- Extinguish all open flames.
- Do not use matches or lighters, and do not attempt to light your appliances.
- Do not touch electric switches, thermostats, or appliance controls.
- If the odor is strong, do not use your corded or wireless phone. All of these devices can cause sparks.
- Leave the premises and go to a safe place.
- Call BGE:1.800.685.0123 or 1.800.735.2258 TTY/TDD (Maryland Relay)
- Remain at the safe location and wait for BGE to arrive.
If your power is out, please call 1.877.778.2222.
- When reporting a power outage, your call goes directly to our trouble processing center for response. The system works by matching your phone number to your account, so it's important that we have your current phone number on file. If you move or change phone numbers, please call BGE at 1.800.685.0123 to update your phone number.
- Please have your account number available when you call.
- Check our outage map to locate your outage and see the progress we’re making to restore power.
For all other inquiries, please contact our Customer Care Center:
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Toll-Free: 800.685.0123
- Fax: 410.712.9323
- TTY/TDD (Maryland Relay Service): 800.735.2258
- Emergency service is available 24 hours a day
- Foreign-language interpreters are available
Available Online Resources:
- The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® is a family of smart choices that will help you save energy, money and improve the environment.
- Municipalities, builders and contractors can view job status information based on a WMS number.